Friday, April 17, 2009

Dinner at Brownstone's



Having dined at Brownstone's several times I was looking for a little something different and asked the waiter for a recommendation. The owner/manger was walking by at the time and suggested that I try their signature “Zesty Tuna Steak”. I agreed and ordered the crab cakes appetizer. My wife ordered the Cajun Shrimp Alfredo.

The crab cakes were good, not great. The texture was good, and there was an ample amount of crab. They blacken their crab cakes, for my taste it's just not needed. The crawfish bordelaise sauce that is served on top of the crab cakes was a nice touch.

I had the Spring Mix side salad and it was nice, very fresh mix of baby greens topped with blue cheese and roasted pecans. A very nice, very light salad. I chose to just lightly drizzle my salad with some EVOO (extra virgin olive oil).

Now the main course, the Zesty Tuna Steak. I've had quality tuna steaks at different restaurants round the country, but this was as unique of an interpretation as I have experienced. The well proportioned tuna steak was grilled to near perfection. It was plated on top of a bed of garlic mashed potatoes, which was a very interesting take on a traditional dish. Over the tuna steak and potatoes they poured a cream sauce of roasted red peppers with sweet citrus and honey. The dish was garnished with tomatoes and fresh green onions.

This is without question the most unique tuna steaks I've ever encountered and the grilled tuna lends it self so well with the sweet and lightly spicy cream sauce. When married with the garlic mashed potatoes it's an excellent combination. This is not a melding of flavor that I would have ever considered and I am so glad I took the recommendation to try this very unique dish.

The portions were generous, the presentation was very nice, and the atmosphere was well received. A very nice dining experience that was highlighted by the flavor of wonderful, unique signature dish – the
Zesty Tuna Steak!

- HubFoodBlogger


Brownstone's on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Wow great review never ate there and it makes me want to eat there next time in Hattiesburg.

    ReplyDelete